Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dying

Maybe we can't foresee what will happen tomorrow, but its scary that death is everyone's predicted future. I had a great chat with my mom today, we had our laughter, gossips, and plans. As my mom is going to move out by the end of this week, I started to think to myself..my mom is entering her 50s, how much longer is she going to be around? How can I bear with myself 20-30 years later when the person I love the most has to accept reality? Isn't that a scary thought? While you look at this person you love so deeply in the eyes, and so lively, behind those great moments, you know that one day, it will all disappear because life is just too short for happiness. Especially, people tend to live their life everyday and not think about their last days...and today was the day I knocked down the wall of avoiding the truth and gave some thoughts to it. And I really scared myself..no wonder people don't really talk about dying.

I forgot when I thought about this but it was definitely something to think about if you are trying to scare yourself.

No comments: