Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wise Guy

Work has been so tiring!..waking up at 5 am everyday driving to Richmond is not an easy task but I am struggling to make it happen. Especially today, I worked 8 hours, then I worked an extra 4 hours at school for free with my photo lab manager..so I can check out strobes over the summer to play with :)

So I was having a talk with my photolab manager today..his name is James Saxon. Mark my words, if this guy was famous, you would definitely know him because he would be one of the smartest man you would ever talk to..just about anything. Besides knowing everything about photography since camera was invented, he talks about living life. We were discussing the whole political Swine Flu, North Korea and Iran issues, and I would never forget what he said to me while looking at me in the eyes,

"I hate when people push me with fear...because no matter how much fear there is, things will not get better because I am afraid"

Yeah, he points out the obvious, but I would never think of it like he did! I am scare of war, im scare of diseases...but after what James said, I learned that if you can't make yourself stay positive, no one can ever will. I think that's a quote that I must keep to myself for the rest of my life. And today was just one of those days that I'm glad that I've lived and learned...except for the 12 hour shift.

I was eating a sandwich my sister made today, I took a bite and stared at it..I saw mustard..and I thought to myself "Yeah, mustards good" ahahhah good times.

1 comment:

jas said...

i have 12 hour days too. so i know what you mean. at the end of the day you feel like your whole body is falling apart.

:)